“I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.”Marlene Dietrich
How It Works
This weekly writing challenge runs from Wednesday through Tuesday at noon.
If you want to participate, simply click the InLinkz box and add your information or create a pingback to link your post. Not sure how to do that? See how to create pingbacks here.
“A quotation in a speech, article or book is like a rifle in the hands of an infantryman. It speaks with authority.”Brendan Behan
Links to the Past Weeks and Upcoming Topics
During our first year of Writer’s Quotes Wednesdays, we explored topics of character building and emotions as well as basic holiday topics. This year I expanded on the most popular topics of last year: fitness, communication, travel, vacations, weather, and friendship. To comment on the 2022 WQW Changes visit my Reflections post.
Starting from the top, topics for one year. If you are an expert on one of these topics and want to host that week, or would like to share a personal video, please contact me.
- WQW #1: Remembering 2021/ Watery Reflections Writer’s Choice
- WQW #2: Communication: Socializing Is It Worth Your Time?
- WQW #3: Fitness Resolutions You Can Keep
- WQW #4: WORD of the Year/ or Double Dipping
- WQW #5: Communication/Thoughts on Blogging
- WQW #6: Holiday: Valentine’s Day/ romance/love
- WQW #7: Travel: Dream Plans for 2022
- WQW #8: 5 Senses Taste/Transportation or Writer’s Choice
- WQW #9: Women in History
- WQW #10: Taste, Food, Recipes
- WQW #11: Holiday: St. Patrick’s Day/Green
- WQW #12: You Cannot Stop Spring from Coming 62 likes = $62 for Ukraine
- WQW #13 Rain/or Writer’s Choice
- WQW #14: 4 Steps to Total Fitness
- WQW #15: Holiday: Easter or Passover
- WQW #16: Hope/Faith
- April 27: YOUR WOTY Review or Writer’s Choice ON VACATION
- May 4: Holiday: Mother’s Day ON VACATION
- WQW #17: Senses: Smell
- WQW #18: Travel/Transportation: Planes or Trains
- WQW #19: Holiday: Memorial Day/or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- WQW #20: Travel: Vacations
- WQW #21: Water: Ocean or Lakes
- WQW #22: Holiday: Father’s Day/Juneteenth
- WQW #23: Summer colors/Summer Solstice
- WQW #24: Travel/Transportation: Boats or Ships/ or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- WQW #25: Fitness Followup #2 Obstacles to Fitness/ or favorite summer sports
- WQW #26: Senses: Hearing
- WQW #27: Animals: Pets or Not
- WQW #28: Sun/ or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- WQW #29: Water: Rivers
- WQW #30: Water: Lakes
- WQW #31: Earth: Mountains, Rocks
- WQW #32 Travel/Transportation: Cars or Trucks
- WQW #33: Holiday: Labor Day/Work Ethic/Dirty Jobs/or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- WQW 34: Food: Healthy Snacks
- WQW 35: Senses: Sight
- WQW 36: Autumn or Fall/ September Equinox Hosted by Priorhouse Blog
- WQW 37: Fire/ or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- WQW 38: Fitness Follow-up #3 Make Your Efforts Do Double Duty/ or favorite indoor sports or exercises
- WQW 39: Air: Wind, Storms
- WQW 40: Cold Weather Tips
- WQW 41: Holiday: Halloween/or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- WQW #42 November 2: Senses: Touch or Feeling
- WQW #43 November 9: Holiday: Veteran’s Day
- #WQW 44 November 16: Travel: Memorable Trips
- #WQW #45 November 23: Holiday: Thanksgiving, Gratitude
- WQW #46 November 30: Abandoned or Artistic Buildings/or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
- LOGO/WIDGET CONTEST: DEADLINE DECEMBER 19 TO ENTER
- #WQW #47: December 7: Water: Snow/Winter Wonderland – A challenge to design a new logo for WQ – I’m simplifying the name of the challenge to Wednesday Quotes for 2023.
- #WQW #48: December 14: Food: Delicious Delights
- December 21: Holiday: Christmas or Winter Solstice
- December 28: Reflections on 2022/Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review Voting for the top design for 2023.
Benefits of Joining #WQW Community
- Showcase your writing and photography to a larger audience.
- Tell the stories that matter to you.
- Create more divergent and powerful posts by weaving in the words of others.
- Flex your mental muscles by matching your interests to a prompt theme.
- Make new friends.
- Build a blogging community with similar ideals.
- To have your post links featured.
“A fine quotation is a diamond in the hand of a man of wit and a pebble in the hand of a fool.”Joseph Roux
The Writer’s Conflict – Clash of the Quotes
The inspiration just won’t come
Surely I’m not the only one
Let’s turn to the greats for advice
There I should find something nice
A classic quote from Mr Thoreau
An essayist, poet and philosopher too
A Harvard College education
Plus much more I haven’t mentioned
So what’s his advice for me to do
“Write while the heat is in you”
My heat has cooled down indeed
Perhaps a break is what I need
But wait, a new quote, from Stephen King
A writer indeed above all things
His books are a favourite, his advice is a must
He is certainly a voice I would trust
So what’s his advice for me to do
I guess it’s something I already knew
“Just get up and go to work”
Get on with it, I think with a smirk
Fingers to keyboard I begin to type
The classic or conventional which is right
This is my creation, I’ll let you judge
But it was the King that provided me that nudge.
Where to Get Insightful Quotations
I usually use Google or Bing to get my quotes. Sometimes a great blog post comes up with suggestions. You might get quotes and ideas from other WQW participants.