Hi, I’m Marsha Ingrao and my blog is Always Write. I invite you to join in the fun of photographing public art where you find it – at home or in your travels. Create a post on your blog and share the link on my weekly post.
“What distinguishes public art is the unique association of how it is made, where it is, and what it means.”Association for Public Art
It is not always clear what is and what isn’t public art, so I don’t have the final answer. We will explore a deeper meaning of public art as we go through the challenge together. The purpose is to enjoy the art around us together however we find it.
“…every public art project is an interactive process involving artists, architects, design professionals, community residents, civic leaders, politicians, approval agencies, funding agencies, and construction teams.Association for Public Art
- Seasonal Displays
- Statues and Sculptures
- Store Windows
- Car Shows
- Artistic Construction (benches, buildings, bridges)
- Wall Art (not just murals)
- There is no weekly theme even though my post has a theme with murals, statues, fountains, scrap art, graffiti, store windows, seasonal displays, car or art shows, artistic construction, or even artistic neighborhood decor. Photograph the public art that is available to you.
- Art should be freely visible from a public street, freeway, or walkway or inside a publicly accessed building like a library. If you pay, it’s not public.
- Photographers should have free access of use for their photos – no copyrights by the artists.
- The challenge starts every Friday at 9:00 a.m. Phoenix Time and it ends on Thursday at noon.
- Write a post on your blog, publish it, and include a link back to my weekly post not my page preferably in a comment. Sometimes pingbacks are missed. See how to create pingbacks here.
- Take time to visit other PPAC participants throughout the week. I recommend visiting at least two or three other participants in the community and leaving them a comment.
- Have fun! Art is to be enjoyed!
Thanks so much to Cee Neuner for co-founding this challenge and designing the logo. She has a complete list of all the photo and writing challenges for those of us who love to join with others as we share our world and lives through our blogs.