A retired teacher, I’ve been blogging and writing since 2012. I’d like to help you get started, too.
Why Write a Guest Post?
Hi, I’m Marsha Ingrao, Editor-in-Chief of Always Write, a blog for hobby bloggers like myself who want to connect. Are you a new blogger and want to start with a guest post? I’d like to hear from you. Are you an experienced blogger looking to branch into professional blogging. Get started here.
To save you some time, I do not currently charge or pay for submissions. I offer you a potential place to get published. As a teacher, I can give you writing tips, if you ask for them. Right now, my advice is free.
Congratulations, you have decided to write a guest post for Always Write, helping hobby bloggers navigate the blogosphere.
- Your hobby or mine
- Blogging obstacles and tips
- Photography/video obstacles and tips
- Podcasting obstacles and tips
- Writing tips (any genre but tell what genre it is)
- Book reviews
- Write useful content. You can write about your hobby but ask: “How can other bloggers, writers or photographers benefit from this?”
- Include links to two Always Write posts.
- Zero errors – grammar, spelling, typing
- Zero political statements, rants, complaining
- Zero product pitches, affiliate links
- Include original or legitimate pictures. Canva and other sites offer the use of free photos and are a great tool for creating infographics
- Quotes – include links in your content area.
- Within the copy, you may link to a post on your blog or one of yours that has been published on another blog.
- Use personal examples and anecdotes to clarify your points.
- Offer content that has not been published before.
- Protect yourself with a post that does not violate any copyright laws.
- Your post should include at least a 50 to 100-word biography at the end with a picture.
- Include your social media and blog URLs.
- If your post does not follow the guidelines, you will not receive a response from me.
Please send an email to Marsha Ingrao firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line – GUEST POST.
Briefly, introduce yourself.
Include a list of potential titles. For help, use the headline analyzer.
Be specific if you say you’ve looked at Always Write.
- After I’ve accepted your post proposal, create your edited post as a Google Doc. If you’ve never used Google Docs click for easy instructions. Don’t forget to give Always Write editing power.
- If your post includes images, send them to me as attachments, indicating where in the text they should be located. (1 picture/100 words recommended.)
- Email to email@example.com.
- I may recommend or make changes to your post.
- I may reject your post.
- I will let you know when the post will be published.
- Be ready to respond to comments on Always Write.
- Publish the post link on your social media.
- Always Write retains the copyright of all material published on Always Write. You may not republish the post elsewhere.
- You may publish a link to the article published on Always Write on your blog or in other articles you write.
Thanks again for your interest in guest posting. I look forward to hearing from you soon!