Welcome to my blog. Thanks for visiting.
Hi, my name is Marsha Ingrao.
My husband, Vince, our dog, Kalev, AKA Puppy Girls, and cat, Moji, and his sister have lived in Prescott, Arizona since 2020. We love it here.
My friends are my family because my family is so tiny.
I have a younger brother in Portland, OR. Like me, Randy and his wife have no children. Our parents, both only children, and their parents and grandparents have passed.
Marriage suits me. I’ve had two husbands, both for over twenty years. Mark Alvord passed away at age 47 from a rare genetic disease. His tiny family is all gone now. Then I married Vince and inherited another small, but not tiny family. Our generation lives on as does the next.
Jobs and Career
I reached my career goals late like Leo the Late Bloomer. I tried lots of other jobs before I finally started teaching.
- paper girl
- dietary worker at Portland Adventist Hospital.
- dental assistant
- shipping & receiving clerk – dental supply house
- real estate sales
- door to door magazine sales
- teacher’s aide
- k-teacher private school
- proofreader and a paste-up person at a printing company
- office manager
- administrator/ consultant
It takes forever to get your education when you wait! I finally reached the goal. I loved teaching. I loved kids and I loved teachers. I loved the process.
George Washington set the example. He stepped aside after he served as President for two terms. Good thinking! I retired before anyone had a chance to say out loud to me that I was too old for my job.
Never regret your decisions! The history-social studies program flourished far beyond my vision for it. My friend, Joy took my job, then moved on and up the ladder. Now Justin, a new teacher when I started, a dear friend, serves in my old position as the Tulare County History Consultant. They advanced education further than I could have imagined.
- served history-social studies teachers through California and San Joaquin Valley Councils for the Social Studies
- gardened in CA
- served the Woodlake, CA community through Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce, and Foothill Bible Church
- wrote a photo history book of Woodlake – Images of America Woodlake.
- moved to Prescott
- still blog, still attend church
- stage 1 breast cancer in 2019
- torn meniscus, deep vein thrombosis & pulmonary embolisms & pneumonia in 2021-2022
Yet, I live on to serve. How can I help you?
- Email: email@example.com
- Manny’s Blog
- Blogger Woodlake & History
- FB Home
- FB Page
- Twitter @MarshaIngrao
I had several testimonials, probably spam. Does a hobby blogger need testimonials? I don’t think so.
Now it’s your turn.
Introduce yourself and share your About Page link with me.