: March 8: RARE/PRECIOUS/UNUSUAL/GREEN
“Bitcoin, in the short or even long term, may turn out be a good investment in the same way that anything that is rare can be considered valuable. Like baseball cards. Or a Picasso.”Andrew Ross Sorkin
Happy Wednesday and welcome to WQ. This week’s topic is out-of-this-world rare, precious, and green. Maybe you didn’t get a chance to post all your rare, out-of-this-world pictures in Sunday Stills this week. Here’s another shot at the unusual experience you may have had.
Follow where your quotes lead you and have fun with your own greenery.
Last Week’s Featured Orderly Bloggers Below
- BUSHBOY’S WORLD – SENSE OF ORDER EVEN IN CHAOS
- BUSHBOY’S WORLD – LINK TO THE REST OF THE STORY ABOUT CATERPILLARS
- KEEP IT ALIVE – SADJE NEEDS THINGS WHERE SHE CAN FIND THEM.
- LADY LEE – LIFE IN CHAPTER ORDER
- LOVING LIFE – HOW TO HAVE GOOD TASTE!
- SERENDIPITY SEEKING INTELLIGENT LIFE – IF YOUR VEINS SHRINK AT THE LAB, MARILYN HAS THE PERFECT SOLUTION
- TRAVELS WITH ALI – A REFRESHING TRIP TO THE BEACH
- WIND KISSES – COLOR ALL OVER FEBRUARY!
For More on Rare, Precious, and Green…
Your post link goes here.
- KEEP IT ALIVE – “GREEN IS THE PRIME COLOR OF THE WORLD”
- LADY LEE – LIFE IS PRECIOUS LIKE A DIAMOND
- LOVING LIFE – NOT SPENDING PRECIOUS TIME WORRYING
- PICTURES IMPERFECT – “IT AIN’T EASY BEING GREEN.”
- SECOND WIND LEISURE – “EARTH AND WATER LUSHLY COMBINE”
- THIS IS ANOTHER STORY – THE RAREST TREASURE IS A TRUE FRIEND
Don’t forget to use Hashtag #WQ even now that links are working.
“Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it’s a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.”Gwendoline Christie
If you had known me when I was married to Mark, my blog might have been covered in baseball and football pictures. However, for the past 28 years, my life has reflected the other love of my husband Vince – beautiful cars.
You can click to see the full pictures. Some of these alluring, rare, and precious cars you may have seen before but they are worth a second glance. They reflect the various shades of green from deep forest turquoise to olive drab.
The Barrett Jackson show we attended in January provided three pictures. One photo pictured Vince’s treasure, one we found parked in a parking lot in Prescott, and the rest came from Martin’s Auto Museum. Can you tell which is which? Which one is your favorite Which one do you think is the most precious?
Johnbo offers us a chance to share our favorite types of photography in this week’s Lens Artist Challenge. Like John, I love landscapes, but often they turn out to be car pictures or other events I attend instead.
“Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.Erica Jong
In an area of the country so immersed in agriculture, it was rare to find recognition of its value. One man who grew up in Woodlake, CA, a rural town just west of Sequoia National Park, developed the ONLY Botanical Garden in the county and one of the few in the state that uplifted agricultural products.
During his tenure as a professor at UC Davis, Dr. Manuel Jimenez developed a species of blackberries that would grow in the hot Central Valley climate. His wife, Olga inspired him to create a fourteen-acre, Woodlake Botanical Garden, that highlighted rare species of vegetables and fruits, seldom seen growing in that area.
For example, lettuce is usually found in the cooler coastal climate and usually grows in the ground. Manuel turned this display into a hanging garden that cut off the view of the road and transported you into a rare and magical place.
Other Rare and Out of this World Pictures
“It is not that the child lives in a world of imagination, but that the child within us survives and starts into life only at rare moments of recollection, which makes us believe, and it is not true, that, as children, we were imaginative?”Cesare Pavese
Inspiring me this week has been Sunday Stills, Out of this World. I think of many others, but my husband is hurrying me to get moving.
Thanks for joining me this week. Love and Puppy Girl hugs and kisses from out of this world. 🙂
Also Inspired by
- Second Wind Leisure – Terri tempts us with green
- Lens Artist Photo Challenge – John treats to roads often traveled
- Natalie’s Weekend Coffee Share – Arid and yet full of green
Upcoming and Ongoing on Always Write
- WQ Page
- WQ #10: March 8: RARE/PRECIOUS/UNUSUAL/GREEN
- WQ #11: March 15: A BRIDGE/TO BRIDGE
- WQ #12: March 22: SPRING/VIVID
- WQ #13: March 29: CHANGE/WRITER’S CHOICE/DOUBLE DIP CHALLENGES
- #DICKENSCHALLENGE started February 7th. Join Yvette Prior, Trent McDonald, and me in reading ONE – not THREE Dickens’ novellas by June 9th.
Your babbling is music to my ears. Please leave a comment!