#WQ #9: March 1: ORDER/ARRANGED
“Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.”Les Brown
Happy Wednesday and welcome to WQ. Again we have a word used differently in quotes this week. In order, in that order, come to order, order me some cake, alphabetical order, legal order, monastic order, the taxonomy of order – a higher order of insects.
Follow where your quotes lead you and have fun with your own arrangement.
Order: 1. the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method. 2. an authoritative command, direction, or instruction. 3. request (something) to be made, supplied, or served.
Last Week’s Featured Bloggers Below
Below had below normal conversations about the topic. Our biggest concern as bloggers last week was the lack of working links.
- BUSH BOY’S WORLD – PEARL DROPS OF WATER
- KEEP IT ALIVE – “So below the grand magnitude of our spirit“
- LOVING LIFE – ESPECIALLY WITH GRANDKIDS UNDER-FOOT
- NEW2WRITING – A SUCCESSFUL LEADER’S IMPOSED POSITION
- PICTURES IMPERFECT – A PENGUIN AT WORK BELOW THE SURFACE
- SECOND WIND LEISURE – BEAUTIFUL BIRDS LOOK BELOW FOR FOOD
For More Thoughts on Order or Arrangement…
Your post link goes here.
- BUSHBOY’S WORLD – SENSE OF ORDER EVEN IN CHAOS
- BUSHBOY’S WORLD – LINK TO THE REST OF THE STORY ABOUT CATERPILLARS
- KEEP IT ALIVE – SADJE NEEDS THINGS WHERE SHE CAN FIND THEM.
- LADY LEE – LIFE IN CHAPTER ORDER
- LOVING LIFE – HOW TO HAVE GOOD TASTE!
- SERENDIPITY SEEKING INTELLIGENT LIFE – IF YOUR VEINS SHRINK AT THE LAB, MARILYN HAS THE PERFECT SOLUTION
- TRAVELS WITH ALI – A REFRESHING TRIP TO THE BEACH
- WIND KISSES – COLOR ALL OVER FEBRUARY!
Don’t forget to use Hashtag #WQ even now that links are working.
Order Your Secrets to Success Here
“I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.“Charles Dickens
This advice not only pertains to writing but to cooking a meal or anything you set your heart on doing. What skills have you developed by practicing punctuality, order, diligence, and concentration?
“Order and simplification are the first steps toward the mastery of a subject.”Thomas Mann
This quote speaks to the heart of writing and teaching curriculum. For example, learning calculus builds on an understanding of simple mathematics and how real numbers are combined and broken apart. If you learn concepts in order, then you can master each step of complicated equations.
Remember how you learned to drive, began to think critically, started to take photos, and wrote stories? Looking back, do you want to make changes because you know more now? I do.
Cakes in a Row
“Space and light and order. Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep.”Le Corbusier
We all like putting our ducks in a row. I’m assuming that Le Corbusier meant getting all your cakes and cookies in good order.
“Never give an order that can’t be obeyed.”Douglas MacArthur
Fortunately, God didn’t order us to put the clouds in order but we were ordered to take care of the earth.
In Memory of Puppy Girl: Chronological Order
July 2009-February 28, 2023
“Dogs are miracles with paws.”Susan Kennedy
On the last day of February 2023, Kalev (dog in Hebrew) better known as Puppy Girl breathed her last earthly air and moved up to where the air is perfect.
She had three seizures within 24 hours, the last one beginning at about 11:00 pm. We took her to the emergency hospital. They said her prognosis was not good even with seizure medications which were to be taken three times a day.
Vince and I made the painful decision to give the doctor the order to take our beloved Kalev out of pain forever. Our lives will never be the same. She’d been with us for nearly thirteen and a half years and gave us so much devotion and affection.
Upcoming and Ongoing on Always Write
- WQ Page
- WQ #10: March 8: RARE/PRECIOUS/UNUSUAL/GREEN
- WQ #11: March 15: A BRIDGE/TO BRIDGE
- WQ #12: March 22: SPRING/VIVID
- WQ #13: March 29: CHANGE/WRITER’S CHOICE/DOUBLE DIP CHALLENGES
- #DICKENSCHALLENGE started February 7th. Join Yvette Prior, Trent McDonald, and me in reading ONE – not THREE Dickens’ novellas by June 9th.
Your babbling is music to my ears. Please leave a comment!