““PORTLAND IS WHERE YOUNG PEOPLE GO TO RETIRE.”FRED ARMISEN
LAST WEEK’S FABULOUS BLOGGERS
With all the other challenges, even public and street art, I thank all the bloggers who participate in the Photographing Public Art Challenge. Please honor these bloggers with your visits this week.
- EAT, PLAY, LOVE – ART IN PROGRESS
- GERIATRI’X’ FOTO GALLERY – FLAMINGOS
- MY CAMERA & I (2) – GIANT MURALS OF FRANKSTON
- ONE MILLION PHOTOGRAPHS – PORTLAND PUMPKIN FARM
- PHOTOGRAPHIAS – GLASGOW PATRON SAINT
- PRIORHOUSE BLOG – A PRAYER SPHERE IN AUSTIN, TX
- SECOND WIND LEISURE – COLOR CHALLENGE – LAVA AND ODE TO AERO
- THE ETERNAL TRAVELLER – THE MOSAIC STORY
- TRAVEL WITH ME – SOFIA STREET ART
- TRAVELS WITH ALI – BEACH WALK TREASURES
- WIDE EYED WONDERINGS – A SPIKY THRONE
- WIND KISSES – WABI-SABI TREES, CARS, AND OTHER DILAPIDATED REMINDERS OF THE PAST
- WOOLLY MUSES -DUBAI WATER SHOW
IT’S EASY TO PLAY ALONG WITH #PPAC
- There is no weekly theme even though my post has a theme with murals, statues, fountains, scrap art, graffiti, store windows, seasonal displays, car or art shows, artistic construction, or even artistic neighborhood decor. Photograph the public art that is available to you.
- Art should be freely visible from a public street, freeway, or walkway or inside a publicly accessed building like a library. If you pay, it’s not public.
- Photographers should have free access of use for their photos – no copyrights by the artists.
- The challenge starts every Friday at 9:00 a.m. Phoenix Time and it ends on Thursday at noon.
- Write a post on your blog, publish it, and include a link back to my weekly post not my page preferably in a comment. Sometimes pingbacks are missed. See how to create pingbacks here.
- Take time to visit other PPAC participants throughout the week. I recommend visiting at least two or three other participants in the community and leaving them a comment.
- Have fun! Art is to be enjoyed!
For More Ideas about PPAC…
These early-bird participants (posted by Wednesday at noon) might give you some great ideas about something you’ve never thought about as public art or how to photograph it.
YOUR BLOG POST GOES HERE
- MAMA CORMIER – GARDEN ART IN A COMMUNITY GARDEN
- PICTURES IMPERFECT – ABSTRACT ART IN BRIGHT COLORS
- PHOTOGRAPHIAS – A HANDY HANDSOME MURAL
- SECOND WIND LEISURE – FLEETING MOMENTS
- TRAVEL WITH ME – PICTURESQUE STATUES IN SOFIA
- WOOLLY MUSES – CREEK ART
My Choices for PPAC #67
Past the Elephant House, visitors enter the actual rose garden. The Royal Rosarian welcomed us to the garden with over 10,000 roses managed by the Portland Parks and Recreation Department. That’s a lot of work, folks. Lots of volunteer opportunities, I’m sure!
Ongoing on Always Write
- Upcoming topics for WQW
- October 19: Cold Weather Tips
- October 26: Holiday: Halloween/or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
Now it’s your turn.
I hope you are inspired to find your own unique art as you travel around with your camera this week, or rummage through your archives. Feel free to double dip and support your own favorite challenges along with PPAC.