I try to look for public art that compliments other photo challenges. I’m also stretching public art into the realm of temporary art with a couple of car shows in this post along with some permanent fixtures.
LAST WEEK’S FABULOUS BLOGGERS
Last week for PPAC #59, I had fun responses from all of you. With all the other challenges, even public and street art, I thank all the bloggers who participate in the Photographing Public Art Challenge. Please honor these bloggers with your visits this week.
- A YOUNG RETIREMENT
- BRASHLEY PHOTOGRAPHY
- COGNAC PROJECT
- EAT, PLAY, LIVE
- GERIATRI’X’ FOTOGALLERY
- JOURNEYS WITH JOHNBO
- MAMA CORMIER
- NOW AT HOME
- TERPPSICORE (RANDOM MUSINGS)
- WANDERLUST AND WONDERMENT
- WIDE EYED WONDERINGS
- WOOLLY MUSES
IT’S EASY TO PLAY ALONG WITH #PPAC
- There is no weekly theme even though my post has a theme with murals, statues, fountains, scrap art, graffiti, store windows, seasonal displays, car or art shows, artistic construction, or even artistic neighborhood decor. Photograph the public art that is available to you.
- Art should be freely visible from a public street, freeway, or walkway or inside a publicly accessed building like a library. If you pay, it’s not public.
- Photographers should have free access of use for their photos – no copyrights by the artists.
- The challenge starts every Friday at 9:00 a.m. Phoenix Time and it ends on Thursday at noon.
- Write a post on your blog, publish it, and include a link back to my weekly post not my page preferably in a comment. Sometimes pingbacks are missed. See how to create pingbacks here.
- Take time to visit other PPAC participants throughout the week. I recommend visiting at least two or three other participants in the community and leaving them a comment.
- Have fun! Art is to be enjoyed!
For More Ideas about PPAC…
These early-bird participants (posted by Wednesday at noon) might give you some great ideas about something you’ve never thought about as public art or how to photograph it.
YOUR BLOG POST GOES HERE
- EAT, PLAY, LIVE
- LIN’S DOODLES
- LOVING LIFE
- NATALIE THE EXPLORER
- PHILOSOPHY THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
- THE 59 CLUB
- TRAVEL WITH ME
- WILD EYED WONDERINGS
- WOOLLY MUSES
My Choices for PPAC #60 Reflections on Shady Public Art
To go with Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge this week, I found lots of reflective and shadowy vehicles.
Public Art for Lens-Artists Motion Challenge
CBWC – Public Transportation that’s also Public Art
- Cee’s Black and White Challenge – public transportation
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge – shadows and reflections
- Cell Pic Sunday – no theme, just use a cell phone All pictures are processed in Lightroom.
- Lens-Artist Photo A Week Challenge – motion
- Thursday Trios – no theme
Ongoing on Always Write
- On August 9th Story Chat introduced Gloria McBreen’s story, “Backstab” Less than one more week to add your comments.
- WQW #31: “Mountains – Nature’s Peace”
- Upcoming topics for WQW
- August 24: Travel/Transportation: Cars or Trucks
- August 31: Holiday: Labor Day/Work Ethic/Dirty Jobs/or Writer’s Choice/ or YOUR WOTY Review
Now it’s your turn.
I hope you are inspired to find your own unique art as you travel around with your camera this week, or rummage through your archives. Feel free to double dip and support your own favorite challenges along with PPAC.