Celebrating one year of PPAC and 27 joyous years of marriage to my jovial, jaunty, and judicious husband, Vince!
As Vince and I celebrate today, this post marks the completion of one year of the Photographing Public Art Challenge. Today I’m celebrating by combining it with Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge – anything with a J in the word. Cee co-hosted Photographing Public Art when we started. She has time to join occasionally now. Vince and I have so much fun each week junking around finding art everywhere.
LAST WEEK’S FABULOUS BLOGGERS
Last week for PPAC #51, I had fun responses from all of you. With all the other challenges, even public art, I thank all the bloggers who participate in PPAC. Please honor these bloggers with your visits this week. InLinkz did not seem to work well for you, so I’ll keep adding your links my old-fashioned way.
- BOOMER COUPLE TRAVEL JOURNAL
- EAT, PLAY, LIVE
- GERIATRI’X’ FOTO GALLERY
- LIN’S DOODLES
- MY CAMERA & I
- NOW AT HOME
- NOW AT HOME #2
- WIDE-EYED WONDERINGS
- WOOLLY MUSES
IT’S EASY TO PLAY ALONG WITH #PPAC
- There is no weekly theme even though my post has a theme with murals, statues, fountains, scrap art, graffiti, store windows, seasonal displays, car or art shows, artistic construction, or even artistic neighborhood decor. Photograph the public art that is available to you.
- Art should be freely visible from a public street, freeway, or walkway or inside a publicly accessed building like a library. If you pay, it’s not public.
- Photographers should have free access of use for their photos – no copyrights by the artists.
- The challenge starts every Friday at 9:00 a.m. Phoenix Time and it ends on Thursday at noon.
- Write a post on your blog, publish it, and include a link back to my weekly post not my page preferably in a comment. Sometimes pingbacks are missed. See how to create pingbacks here.
- Take time to visit other PPAC participants throughout the week. I recommend visiting at least two or three other participants in the community and leaving them a comment.
- Have fun! Art is to be enjoyed!
For More Ideas about PPAC…
These early-bird participants might give you some great ideas about something you’ve never thought about as public art or how to photograph it.
- YOUR BLOG POST GOES HERE
- NOW AT HOME
- BRASHLEY PHOTOGRAPHY
- JUNK BOAT TRAVELS
- MY CAMERA & I
- NATALIE THE EXPLORER
- PHILOSOPHY THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
- PICTURES IMPERFECT
- TOURING MY BACKYARD
- TRAVEL WITH ME
- WIDE EYED WONDERINGS
My Choices for PPAC #52 Jumbled Junk
Antique Stores Advertise Junk with Junk
Jawbone Public Art
Ongoing on Always Write
- July Story Chat, “Not a Proper Job” by another new (to us) author, Philip Cumberland AKA Fenlandphil’s Blog goes live July 5th
- WQW #23 (Writer’s Quotes Wednesdays) – “Summer Colors/Summer Solstice” The only rule is to have at least one quote in your post about the topic. Remember a song can be a quote, too. Then just post a story, poem, or pictures that tie into and respond to your quote or quotes. The last day to post links is Tuesday at 12:00 noon Phoenix time.
Now it’s your turn.
I hope you are inspired to find your own unique art as you travel around with your camera this week, or rummage through your archives. Feel free to double dip and support your own favorite challenges along with PPAC.