Funny Stuff Makes Me Laugh
“Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.”Unknown
I know, another list. Geeze. I laugh easily at some things, groan at others, and feel disgusted at other things. Usually I dislike man-humor – farts, sex, mother-in-laws, or bowel movements. My husband was rolling on the floor last night so much he couldn’t read his son’s text outloud. Total disgusting man-humor I can’t even repeat online.
Puns and dumb jokes make me groan even though I participate to a point. My brother and Cousin, Hal can’t talk without inserting one. The sky isn’t just blue – it’s crying. It gets annoying after a while. Since we’ve become closer friends, Randy has dropped much of his “can’t get a word in edgewise” punning except to tell me how he got someone “good” so I can groan.
What kinds of humor does that leave?
- Incongruities make me laugh like delicious cupcakes with cigarettes (pretzels) on top.
- Laughing at life situations – so most comics I get in emails about old people – loss of beauty, hearing, clothes’ sense have the capacity to bring at least a smile. “I had my patience tested. I’m negative.” “When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say “nothing,” it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.”
- Slapstick is funny if no one is getting permanently hurt. Remember America’s Funniest Home Videos? Animal and baby videos can be hilarious. Their surprise at circumstances beyond their control triggers laughter. Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy struck my funny bones.
- Sitcoms are usually fun the first time around, Frasier being one of my favorites. Although, I hate to admit but I got irritated when he kept making the same kinds of mistakes over and over in different episodes. I knew what the girl was going to do or say, a smart psychiatrist like him should have had a clue, too.
- Books or stories with a twist here and there are fun. Even a mindless romance novel like Thirty-two Going on Spinster can be a lot of fun.
- Mom taught me to laugh at myself when I do something silly. I may have cried first, but eventually I learned to see humor in “my bads.”
- Sometimes Vince and I even TRY to be funny. He is better at it than I am.
My favorite funny videos of all times.
This is a series, and if you haven’t seen them, you should at least watch this one. They are super short.