The various themes Becky used in #PastSquares are:
Flowers Sky Circles & Squares Roofs In the Pink Time Spiky Blue Lines Words containing the word ‘light’ Top Perspectives Kinda Up Bright Trees
My Choices for Today
My husband and I discussed different ways of showing perspective. Here is one looking from about that I used for one of Cee’s B & White challenges. It works well for this week’s Vanishing Point theme. I think it shows the perspective better than having the greenery distracting from the color splash.
The shot above also works for Cee’s Black and White Challenge for this week.
All of these shots, one from above and two straight on show what I think of a traditional photographic perspective.
I used some of Terri’s techniques to make this picture of the wind machines a little eerie for her Sunday Stills today. The sky looks like a painting to me. The pixelization looks like I reduced a picture that was already small, but it wasn’t. So I’m guessing that taking the picture at 70 mph through the window of the car may have caused the distortion. However, I like it.
I used this image or ones like it in a post I did about aging. This perspective shows a way of thinking. In the past, I might have thought this dandelion was ugly – a throwaway. But as I get older, my perspective about what is ugly has changed. Now, I would say that this dandelion picture is artistic at the least and beautiful at best. I copied Tina Schell’s idea about making things weird and wonderful by changing the tone to sepia to make the picture a little eerie for Terri’s Sunday Stills today.
The last three pictures will also work for John Steiner’s Cell Pic Sunday Challenge.
It’s time to go now. The month is done. Have a happy Halloween and may your Trick or Treat sacks be full of your favorite candies. 🙂
Now It’s Your Turn
Join Becky’s PastSquares challenge. Today is your LAST chance. All you have to do is square your pictures. Since I started using Bridge, it is so easy, no mess, no fuss. Thanks, Cee for getting me started and teaching me Bridge techniques.
Up Coming and Outgoing
- Tuesday – The exciting Summary of Story Chat for “Puddles” by Hugh Roberts – This deserves another read right before Halloween!
- Wednesday – #WQWWC 46 Spooky, PastSquares for Becky B.
- Thursday – Challenge Host Interview – Photos by Jez, Becky B’s Past Square – Lavendar Lady
- Friday – PPAC #20 Dinosaurs on the Streets of Mesa, AZ
- Saturday – Lens Artist Challenge A Day of My Week
- Sunday – Happy Halloween, Sunday Stills, Cell Pic Sunday
- Tuesday, November 2nd Story Chat, “Broaching the Subject” by Doug Jaquier
- November 7th – Birthday Bash for Cee Neuner and me celebrating big numbers.