The various themes Becky used in #PastSquares are:
Flowers Sky Circles & Squares
In the Pink
Spiky Blue Lines
- Words containing the word ‘light’
Kinda Up Bright Trees
My Choices for Today
I am so late getting this post out today. If I moved any slower it would almost be yesterday. 🙂 Prepare to be dazzled. Today the highlight of my post is this delightful blue 1965 Corvette Convertible.
This post also works for Amy’s Lens Artist Challenge #172, A Day of My Week.
It was Saturday morning, October 16th, and our friends from California were visiting us to make sure that Vince and I were surviving in Prescott after my summer of accidents. The weather couldn’t have been better, cool and bright. It was one of my first trips to a restaurant since mid-September. I could now sit for about an hour with my feet touching the floor instead of reclining.
In the limelight, this historic Corvette sat unoccupied in a parking lot on the opposite side of the street from the restaurant where we had a half-hour wait before we could get in for breakfast. We were all lightheaded and delighted about our luck!
My husband said the blue Corvette has three taillights instead of the original two. The paint job looks messed up on the back, but those spots are bits of sunlight shining through the leaves from the tree above it. The car was as pristine as the time it rolled off the factory floor.
Update on my DVT Health Scare for Natalie’s Coffee Share #43
Natalie, I’m using this share as another update on DVT. The best advice I have to avoid DVT is to KEEP MOVING even if it hurts!
Since Sept 15:
- 4 days in the hospital September 15-18 could barely walk from the bed to the bathroom. Painfully walked 75 feet before getting out. Used a walker. Needed oxygen the whole time I was in the hospital.
- 4 surgeries from September 20 – October 19 to clean out the clots from my left leg
- September 18- Not able to recline for more than an hour before moving. Still used a walker outside for about a week.
- Breathing exercises still needed, but pulmonary embolisms had disappeared – September 20
- 1 round of antibiotics completed for pneumonia September 23. Our son and his girlfriend visited us from CA. I spent most of the time reclining or lying in bed. I cooked one meal – very exhausting! She cooked our next meal together after a full day of hiking that almost killed my husband. They went out to restaurants the rest of the time. I rested at home.
- went from too big for any compression socks to size large compression socks and am now comfortable in small to medium compression socks
- Friends visited us from CA October 14-18. I stayed home while they golfed, but took two short walks with my friend, one to photograph Halloween pictures – my first walk uphill on a street.
- October 18 – I learned that I only have to be on blood thinners for 6 months and the cause of the DVT was definitely the torn meniscus injury and being immobile for 5 days – not the Moderna vaccines. None of the doctors recommend a third vaccination right away.
- visited another CA friend in Mesa between doctor’s appointments on October 18 and toured the Natural History Museum and went swimming for the first time since last summer in CA
- Coughed severely during surgery on October 19 Left in a wheelchair.
- started taking a second blood thinner and more antibiotics for my cough on October 20
- enjoyed my first hike on Peavine Trail with my husband on October 29 – Walked 6,600 steps.
- lost 17 pounds since Sept 15 when my leg swelled.
- Feel good with very little coughing. Walked 4,544 steps today. The swelling in my legs seems completely gone. Without the surgeries some people live with the swelling in their legs for the rest of their lives.
Now It’s Your Turn
Join Becky’s PastSquares challenge before it’s too late.
Up Coming and Outgoing
- Tuesday – The exciting Summary of Story Chat for “Puddles” by Hugh Roberts – This deserves another read right before Halloween!
- Wednesday – #WQWWC 46 Spooky, PastSquares for Becky B.
- Thursday – Challenge Host Interview – Photos by Jez, Becky B’s Past Square – Lavendar Lady
- Friday – PPAC #20 Dinosaurs on the Streets of Mesa, AZ
- Saturday – Lens Artist Challenge A Day of My Week
- Sunday – Happy Halloween, More PastSquares for Becky B.
- Tuesday, November 2nd Story Chat, “Broaching the Subject” by Doug Jaquier
- November 7th – Birthday Bash for Cee Neuner and me celebrating big numbers.