Terri from Second Wind Leisure invites to illustrate our favorite song this week for Sunday Stills. I chose a song I loved as a child, Rogers and Hammerstein’s “Climb Every Mountain” from “The Sound of Music.”
Like my friend Kirstin said in WQWWC this week,
I love living in the PNW where we are surrounded by mountains, not just “hills” but gorgeous mountains.Kirstin Troyer
My family moved to the Pacific Northwest, where I enjoyed Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens when I was fifteen. I moved from there to Colorado Springs, near Pikes Peak, then to California in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and finally to Prescott, AZ in the Sierra Prieta and Bradshaw Mountains.
For the last fifty years or so I have loved looking at mountains from a distance. I don’t hike or snowshoe. Mountains make beautiful scenery. I took this picture very close to my back yard in California. But the song I love asks us to climb, not one, but every mountain.
Climb every mountain
Search high and low
Follow every byway
Every path you know
Fortunately, now many paths through the mountains are flat, paved, and well maintained so that people of all ages and abilities can enjoy them safely.
You can guess, but there’s no guarantee that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
Till you find your dream
This tourist probably had second thoughts about hopping into that flooded stream. In 2016-2017 the Sierra Nevada Mountains enjoyed record rainfalls. The Kings River had calmed down by July when this was taken, but it was still quite dangerous.
A dream that will need
All the love you can give
Every day of your life
For as long as you live
What dreams are you chasing?
- August Story Chat “A Dress for a Princess” by Wendy Fletcher. Hosted by Cathy Cade on her blog, Writing Wrinkles
- 10 Month Analysis of Story Chat
- WQWWC #36 Writer’s Choice or Mountains Just use a quote.
- #PPAC #8 Link your post about public art to Cee’s or my post each week from Friday through Thursday. Even numbers indicate Cee’s week.
- Challenge Interview Series Do you know someone who hosts a challenge or enjoys participating in challenges? Please contact me for an interview.