Happy end of palindrome day. 1-22-21 (same backwards and forwards)
- #Becky B’s Square Ups Must be square, must be up in some for or another
- Yvette’s Street Shot Twosomes I’m not sure if this is a Challenge, but Yvette is posting this theme, so I’m up with that. Check out her post.
- Tanka Tuesday Poet’s Choice
The featured image was one of those screens and mirrors-type pictures taken in Las Vegas. The person on the left reflection seems to have her feet going the wrong way.
Horses On Main Street Woodlake
The Saturday before each Mother’s Day, except in 2020, the Woodlake Rodeo Parade reigns supreme in downtown Woodlake. My favorite parade participants rode up on their horses. Clip, Clop, Clup down the main street called Valencia – a type of orange, the other symbol of Woodlake.
Upsidaisy, Pup Youthful enthusiasm Tough to keep in tow
On Puppy Girl’s first big trip, we took her to Solvang for the day. She loved walking the city streets and getting attention for her “Flying Nun/Yoda” ears. Puppy Girl can leap onto walls better than Humpty Dumpty, and though she looks a little tipsy here, she really had all four paws planted firmly up on the wall.
Streets look deserted Carol and Mandy debate lunch I snap their picture.
This street-wise twosome, Carol and Mandy, her sister-in-law, made the best tour guides of the gold mecca of Australia, Ballarat. Here they stand debating the best restaurants where I could taste the Australia’s finest delicacies in the CBD – Central Business District. I think that was the day I had pumpkin pizza.
It’s not every visitor who gets to spend several weeks in the homes of those who live in the country, soaking up the culture organically. I can never thank all my wonderful blogging buddies and their friends in Australia who went out of their way to show me a wonderful time.
Given that there were a few teachers in the family, I also learned more facts about Australia that the average American on a three-week tour. It could be that Carol and Mandy were debating what questions would show up on my next Australia quiz but my bet is still on the food.
If you want to read up on Australia, I wrote a series about my 2016-2017 trip, so you can camp out in my search box.
A hobby blogging friend of mine, Frank, is looking for photographers to collaborate with him on his website. He writes but wants to promote your photographs. It’s a great opportunity for fun and exposure. Contact him here. Collaborators – Beach Walk Reflections: Thoughts from thinking while walking (wordpress.com).
- This month our Story Chat features author Anne Goodwin and her short story, “A Post Card from the Past.” What’s really going on in this story?
- I’m super excited that Carrot Ranch ran an interview about Story Chat in the Saddle Up Saloon.
- Autty Jade, A Day in the Brine hosts this week’s Writer’s Quotes Wednesday Writing Challenge – Change. Get your posts ready with quotes about change and your thoughts or photographs about the quotes and link to her post tomorrow.
- Watch for a reblog from Hugh Roberts about Tweeting on Monday
- Welcome Restless Jo as the newest Featured Blogger on the Challenge Host Series coming up Tuesday.