In essence there is a 97.3% probability that any one of us could have three months or three minutes more to live with or without a gigantic asteroid, meteor, renegade planet, or star residue knocking at our door. If I think I only have that much time left to live, do I bother to plan at all? Probably not. I’m looking around me thinking, what should I do? I can plan for right now at least.
So here’s my daily list first.
- Write my blog for the day. Wait! Who’s talking to me now? I’d better check my comments, Facebook, and email accounts. It might be important. No, I’m not ADHD, I saved my draft first before I checked my comment box.
- I would like to finish the two books I’m reading this morning. What? It’s 10:15 already! How did that happen. I’ll finish the Elephant Whisperer first because it’s shorter, and such an adventure. T
hen after I write a review of that one, I’ll head back to Winter of the World by Ken Follet, and write a review of that. I don’t think I can get both of them finished.hmmm OK, cross off Ken and put him on my week’s goal. Finish unfinished projects: different organization’s assignments, knitting, photography, new postsOps, too ambitious…
- Go visit my blog friends – the ones I didn’t get to already this morning. Write lots of comments,
steal ideasget inspired. That’s doable.
- Take a lunch break. I’m hungry already. I forgot to take my diet pill. Maybe I’d better stop right now and start fixing lunch! V are you hungry yet? It’s almost 11:00. a.m. OK 10:15, but that’s close.
- Spend some spiritual time with God. Maybe He will consider removing the asteroid threat. I’ll ask anyway.
- Plan my next trip before the world blows up. I’ll do that this evening.
Keep up with household chores.V were you going to vacuum this morning? OK, he’s going to do that, so I can cross that one off.
- √Get dressed for the day. I’ll bathe later. If Ralph only needs 3 baths a year I guess skipping a day or two won’t make any difference, huh? V have you started your bath yet? OK, I have to wait till he’s done anyway, so I’ll skip that one. No, I’ll go ahead and leave it on the list. I probably SHOULD get dressed. Let’s see my clothes I wore yesterday are right here on the floor. sniff, sniff Yeah, they’re clean enough. There. I can check that off.
- I’m back. I decided to take a bath after all. After I learn how to change the numbering on WP, I’m going to need to take a nap this afternoon so I can stay up and blog all night when I get free gigabytes.
- Take Kalev for a walk. That should be number V did you take Puppy Girl out this morning??? OK, she should be good until after lunch.
- V are you going to want dinner tonight? You ate quite a bit of cake yesterday. OK then I can cross off making dinner? Good. Back to my book.
That about does it for the day. Now for the week.
- Start writing my first book. Spend at least 5 hours a day including building my blog, reading, and research and revising. Ops I need to go back and revise my daily list…
- Get daily household chores done.
- Pack for trip with the History Girls on Friday. Make sure I have plenty of clean underwear, and new PJs. Better have some new jeans, too. So I’d better go shopping, put gas in the car, and get it serviced, and go to the store.
- Have friends over for dinner one night – or maybe they will ask us to come over. I’ll call and find out. Wait, that won’t work. It’s almost Wednesday. I need at least a week to plan for company.
- One hour a day exercising.
- Attend one hour of church.
- Clean out my Kindle so I can get new books.
- Do something unselfish. Wait that should be number 1. Hmmm Well, I’ll change it if I get around to it.
Now for the month. I think I did this backwards. Good planning involves planning backwards. No Problem! I’ll just go ahead and write all this stuff, then switch it all. It should match ok. But wait!!! I’m not trying to change the world, just pass time until the world ends. I’m just going to leave it this way.
- Go to all my meetings.
- Watch 2-3 good movies
- Read 4-5 good books and write reviews on some of them to help me remember that I read them in case the world doesn’t end.
- Send out my Christmas letter to all my far away friends that don’t use Facebook.
- Bank my timeshare points in case the world doesn’t end, and I don’t get to travel all over the world this year. I’ll think ahead for next year later.
- Get my hair done.
- pay the bills – oh wait, they’re all scheduled already. I’m good!
- Attend 4-5 hours of church.
- Think of something generous to do for the world.
Guess that’s it for the month. Now for the year.
- Create a new blog – Focus on SOMETHING. Get Freshly Pressed.
- Continue expanding this blog until it explodes. I’m at 61% capacity on January 1st.
- Finish writing one book. Bury the first copy.
- Go on two -3 major trips. Blog about them.
- Bury some artifacts in case a few humans survive the blast, and want to know about life in California.
- Decide what house projects to complete. Start with underground shelter deep and well reinforced enough to protect us from asteroid impact. Pack it with clothes for all weather types in case the climate changes. Include gas masks, flame retardant suits, and plenty of parkas and thermal underwear. Oh yes and food and a generator. Allot at least $100,000 on it so I can spend down my life’s savings before it goes up in smoke!!
Today my choice is Mixed Up Meme’s blog. Today she’s dancing with Sydney Fong. I’m jealous. I’ve been following Meme for a while. She writes poetry and puts her words to music!!! Sometimes she just records a song we all know and love. She blogs all over the world, and yet she visits me very regularly, and leaves nice comments in my babble box. I find myself just thinking about her during the day the way you do your good friends. You know, “I think I should put this in my blog. Meme would get a kick out of it…” That kind of thing. Why is that? Mostly I think because Meme cares. It matters to Meme. So it matters to me. So amble on over to Meme’s blog and say howdy. Tell her Marsha Lee sent you! 🙂